I help people become better photographers and take amazing photos while exploring NZ!
It's no secret .... I am head over heels in love with NZ!
The more I explore New Zealand, the more I fall in love with our country. I'm SUPER passionate about sharing moments and experiences that I know others will also enjoy.
So where did it all begin?
After writing a family blog for a few years, I realised I was happiest in the great outdoors capturing the beauty of NZ and so I started heading out more to document and capture these experiences.
After moving from Wellington to Cambridge in 2015, I started exploring around the Waikato, Bay of Plenty and Coromandel and discovering many hidden gems that aren't on a typical tourist itinerary but are absolutely worth visiting!
I've also explored from one end of NZ to the other - as far as the Catlins down south and all the way to the very tip of Northland to bring you images and experiences that capture the essence of NZ.
But there's always more to see and when I'm not travelling and taking photos I'm dreaming of the next trip!
Never stop learning.....
I love learning - whether it's finding new locations or a discovering a new photography skill or technique. And it's my great passion to share my knowledge to help you improve your photography skills and take amazing photos you can be proud of.
I'm currently hosting 3-day weekend workshops based in the Waikato and Bay of Plenty and will be offering online learning options soon too - I'd love for you to join me!
Ten fun facts you might not know about me!
1. I'm an incessant hair twirler - if you've met me you'll know just how bad my habit actually is!
2. I'm a football mum - winter weekends are spent sideline cheering my two boys on
3. I can shuffle cards like a Las Vegas dealer - it's quite the party trick
4. I love Jesus and my one desire is that everything I do brings him glory
5. My brother once dated our prime minister Jacinda Ardern - true fact!
6. I cannot live without.....coffee, smoothies, and my homemade parmesan crackers
7. My collarbones can partially dislocate - it looks as gross as it sounds
8. There's actually no H in my name on my birth certificate - it was a rebel move when I was 14 and I still haven't got around to officially changing it!
9. I once played a clarinet solo to Memory from Cats in the Auckland Town Hall in front of a lot of people when I was twelve. I was absolutely bricking it!
10. My hubby and I share the same birthday on April 10 - it still feels weird even after 20-odd years together!
My Photography Gear
I'm currently shooting with the following kit:
Sony A7rII camera
Sony FE 16-35mm f2/8 GM lens
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 Di III RXD lens
Sony FE 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 G OSS lens
DJI Mavic Air drone
In April 2018, my image below of Mount Taranaki reflected in the Pouakai Tarn was selected as one of the 3 finalists in the landscape category of the 2018 Sony Alpha Australia & NZ awards from over 5,000 entries.