CAPTURE THE HEART OF NZ IN THE WAIKATO
If rolling hills, lakes and rivers make you want to pick up your camera and head out the door, this Hidden Escape is for you. Come photograph one of the most scenic places on earth and uncover its best-kept secrets during this 3-day experience. See the pure waters of The Blue Spring. Be mesmerised by the variety of native New Zealand birds and animals living in mountain forests. Go to out-of-the-way places where New Zealand’s most exciting operators will share their unique experiences with you.
Step away from the tourist trail and learn how to capture better photography in the Waikato with local outdoor photographer Meghan Maloney. Or simply turn up for an extraordinary experience.
You will be amazed.
- The Blue Spring, New Zealand's purest drinking water
- Discover glow worms in the lake canyon with Lake District Adventures
- Birdsong and unique wildlife at Sanctuary Mountain
- Tea Tour and High Tea at Zealong Tea Estate
- Contemporary boutique acccommodation at NZ's much anticipated Hidden Lake Hotel in Cambridge
- Skills course in photographic techniques from an award nominated landscape photographer
- 2 nights twin share at Hidden Lake Hotel with 3 x meals (breakfasts x 2, lunch x 1)
- 3 days photography tuition and advice with Meghan in spectacular Waikato locations
- Mandarin Chinese speaking guide to accompany tour (if required)
- 3 hour Lake District Adventures Glow Worm Kayak Tour
- 90 minute guided tour of Sanctuary Mountain
- High Tea and 90 minute tour of Zealong Tea Estate
- Many opportunities to capture beautiful images of New Zealand
- Camera (mirrorless camera or DSLR is best)
- Spare batteries, charger and memory card
- Warm clothes and waterproof jacket
ITINERARY - DAY ONE
- Arrive at Hidden Lake on the shores of Lake Te Koutu
- Check in to New Zealand's newest earth conscious hotel
- Enjoy an introduction session outlining the photography techniques you will learn and practice in the next 3 days
- Depart for Lake District Adventures and paddle through the secluded waters of Lake Karapiro capturing the golden light as day turns to night and the lake comes alive with the twinkling lights of hundreds of glow worms
- Return to Cambridge for dinner in D'Arcy's Garden Restaurant, Club Lounge and Bar
- On a clear night visit Lake Karapiro for stargazing and astrophotography opportunities
ITINERARY - DAY TWO
- Pre-dawn departure for the crystal clear waters of The Blue Spring at sunrise
- Breakfast in the midst of Waikato nature
- Travel to Sanctuary Mountain, home to endangered NZ animal species
- Wildlife and lush native forest photography
- Picnic lunch and more time to explore
- Head north to Zealong Tea Estate - home of NZ's 100% organic award-winning tea. Tour the estate and enjoy a High Tea experience
- Stop to capture the sunset on the return trip to Cambridge
ITINERARY - DAY THREE
- Sunrise surrounded by Hamilton Gardens lush North Island horticulture
- Shoot a variety of locations in the themed gardens
- Seated breakfast at Hidden Lake Hotel
- Photographic editing session by Meghan Maloney – learn how to get the best results from the images you have captured
- Depart the Waikato taking your beautiful images and newfound knowledge home to practice and enjoy
Pricing is dependent on numbers booked on the tour
(minimum of 2 required for tour to proceed)
$1,999 per person (minimum 2 on tour) Xiyangyang Special Expo Price 50% off
($3,998 per person normal retail)
Discounts are available for groups of 3 or more people, please enquire.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Tours must be booked at least 60 days in advance to ensure availability.
- The photographer is not responsible for any gear malfunction or loss
- In the event of severe weather, a decision regarding postponement will be made 3 days prior to the tour start date.
- Accommodation is twin share (single available at additional cost).
- Exact locations and itinerary may change due to weather conditions.
- Full terms and conditions are available here